Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Stan the Fireman Tags by Holly Ann Bray Designs



 

Hi! I used the Fireman Stan C Thru The Woods acrylic stamp from artist Charlene Woods' new professional men series for my tag. I loved the versatility of the Stan's accessories. I chose his fireman helmet and ax to complete his look. I knew I wanted to incorporate yellow, orange, and red hues throughout my tag to symbolize fire. I started with a basic paper-lined tag and added paper from the Scrapperdashery paper line called Rudyard Kipling If. ( The paper had a molten and smoky quality which I felt fit the theme.)  I distressed each piece of paper with an Inkssential Ink Blending tool with foam and the following Tim Holtz Distress Inks; Mustard Seed, Fire Brick, Spiced Marmalade, and Walnut Stain. I also distress inked a chipboard frame and added the "Love My Fireman" sentiment which was pop dotted. Stan was stamped on Copic friendly paper and colored with flesh-tone Copic markers. His clothes were stamped on solid red or tan paper and fussy-cut. They were then put on top of Copic friendly paper. The yellow stripes on Stan's uniform were created by using Daffodil Liquid Pearls by Ranger. I then cut extra helmets and radios which were pop dotted to create a 3-D effect. Lastly, I added red ribbon and multi-colored ladder fiber to top off my creation.
The C Thru The Woods Stamps are available in acrylic and digital and can be found at http://cthruthewoodsclearstamps.tictail.com/














No comments:

Post a Comment