Monday, June 22, 2015

Loving our Police officers by Angelica Soh

Happy Monday Crafties!
Guess who? It's Angelica here again to share a lovely card today.
Hope you will enjoy this card as much as I had fun making it.
I will explain how I made this wonderful card below.

The picture shows better on a computer or landscape view on your phone.


1) I started by cutting my gray base cardstock, and scored it to make a 5 1/2" x 4 1/4"
2) I cut my Stampin Up Whisper white card stock to 5 1/4" x 4" 
3) By using Charlene's James Large Stamp set I randomly use each of the accessories stamps, to stamp onto the Whisper white cardstock (not being perfect)
4) After the entire page is filled I pop dotted the back, and adhere it to the gray card base
5) I later cut 2 strips of cardstock using the same gray & whisper white; the whisper white is 1/4" less on each side of the gray strip.
6) I then lined up the "to protect and to serve" stamp, in the middle of the whisper white strip of paper, and stamp that image onto it, then use a ruler and to line up close to the edge of the strip paper, and drew dashed lines along the border 
7) The white strip paper was then pop dotted, and centered onto the gray strip of paper, then pop dotted the gray strip of paper to layer them on top of the already stamped whisper white cardstock. 
8) I took a satin striped ribbon and stick it onto cardstock as shown, then layered a grosgrain ribbon on top of the satin ribbon.
9) I wrapped a black and white baker's twin around and half and inch above from the ribbons and tied a bow
10) I then versamark one of the police hat stamp and embossed it with Stampin Up white embossing powder onto a gray cardstock then was heat embossed and fussy cut, it was later pop dotted, then placed in the middle of the bow to complete the front side of the card.
11) The inside of the card I have cut 1/4" less on the width and 1/2" less on the height from the base measurements, and using the "Love my Police officer" stamp to stamp onto the middle of the newly cut whisper white cardstock.
12)I then wrap the baker's twine twice around that card, and tied a bow, then pop dotted it and layered it to the inside of the card for a finishing touch.

James Large Stamp set could be found here 





No comments:

Post a Comment